Click on the section of your choice to learn how to cite different types of miscellaneous documents.
Sources from coursepacks (articles, essays, etc.)
- If the original citation is given (often at the beginning of the coursepack) simply cite the article as if you were looking at the original print copy.
- If the coursepack does not include this information, use the following format.
Author Last Name, Initials. (Date of publication of coursepack). Title of document. In Initial. Last Name of instructor, (Ed.) Course number: Coursepack title (page numbers of the coursepack, if available). Location: Publisher.
Intini, S. (2012, Winter). Are we raising our boys to be underachieving men? In R. Morris (Ed.), Humanities 345-101-MO: Gender and knowledge (pp.1-6). Saint-Lambert, QC: Champlain College Bookstore.
Online lecture notes and presentation slides
Author Last Name, Initial. (Date of publication). Title [Format]. Retrieved Month Day, Year from College Name courseware website: http://xxxxxxx
Penner, C. (2012). Introduction to library research [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved October 13, 2012 from Champlain College Saint-Lambert Moodle website: http://moodle.mychamplain.ca/course/view.php?id=767
Films and video recordings
- When citing a film, include the format in brackets [Motion film,VHS, DVD].
- List the main contributors in the author position with their contribution in parentheses.
- For online videos see the Online sources section.
Producer’s Last Name, Initials. (Producer), & Director’s Last Name, Initials. (Director). (Year). Title of work [Format]. Country of origin: Studio.
Glazier, L. (Director). (2004). It’s a girl’s world [DVD]. Canada: National Film Board of Canada.
- If you viewed the artwork online, use the following format as Location of the work: Retrieved from http://xxxxxx
Artist Last Name, Initial. (Year of fabrication). Title of work [Description]. Location of the work.
Heward, P. (1928). At the theatre [Painting]. Montreal, QC: Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Heward, P. (1928). At the theatre [Painting]. Retrieved from http://www.mbam.qc.ca/en/collections/art-quebec-canada/-/art/details/MIMSY_ID_22616
- Personal communications (email, private letters, personal interviews, memos, etc.) are not included in the reference list. This type of source is included only in your text.
- Give the author’s initials and last name as well as the most exact date possible
One of his colleagues admitted that the research was creating a lot of discussion (J. Doyle, personal communication, May 15, 2008).